Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Urologist on Urinary Tract Infection

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 25 years old, Islamabad

I had UTI 1 month ago. I was on my period couldn’t get my culture done. So I started my antibiotics and had 3 rounds of antibiotics (ciprofloxacin, Macrobid, Cefixime) after second round i got my urine RA done it showed no leukocytes but my doctor gave me cefixime. It didn’t help me at all. I started having anxiety attacks as I thought i have something serious and left all the meds. After few days i got my culture done from Alkhidmet labs it showed Klebsiellae spp in my urine I haven’t trusted it cause there were no leukocytes and sent my culture again from another lab. Kindly suggest me something what should i do

General Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Haseeb Ahmed

Dr. Haseeb Ahmed - General Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS I | Lahore

review-stars

32 Positive Reviews

History? Complaint? Take consultation via marham

Urologist in Multan - Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Waqas Khan

Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Waqas Khan - Urologist

| MBBS | MCPS (General Surgery ) | FCPS ( Urology ) | FRCS (Urology) | | Multan

review-stars

322 Positive Reviews

plz take online video consultation.thanks

Urologist in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Faisal Nawaz

Asst. Prof. Dr. Faisal Nawaz - Urologist

MBBS, MCPS, FCPS, MRCS Glag., FRCS Urol | Lahore

review-stars

11 Positive Reviews

Sometimes a UTI can be a bit stubborn, especially if not treated with an appropriate course of antibiotic. You usually do not need to (un-necessarily) repeat the urine test after a course of an antibiotic since there might still be changed while the bladder recovers out of an infection.
If you had Klebsiella species in your urine, it could still be one of the cause of urine infection; unless the urine collection was in-appropriate or contaminated.
What you should do in future depends upon many things. Young women (especially sexually active) are prone to UTI. It's not uncommon. You can follow simple instructions to prevent yourself from an infection in future.
Always wipe or wash from front to back when you go to the toilet.
Try to fully empty your bladder when you pee
Drink plenty of fluids
Take showers instead of using bath tubs
Wear loose cotton underwear
Pee as soon as possible after sexual intercourse
Don'tuse perfumed bubble bath, soap or talcum powder for cleaning of private parts. Internal cleaning is not required. Vagina cleans itself!
Don't hold your pee in if you feel the urge to go
Don't wear tight, synthetic underwear, such as nylonwear tight jeans or trousers
Don't use  condoms or diaphragms with spermicidal lube on them – try non-spermicidal lube or a different type of contraception

If you follow these instructions; you can effectively prevent and reduce the chances of getting urineinfections in future.

Homeopath in Khanewal - Dr. Muhammad Mohsin Shah

Dr. Muhammad Mohsin Shah - Homeopath

DHMS, RHMP | Khanewal

review-stars

238 Positive Reviews

I usually prescribe medicine within the forum here.
But sometimes detailed symptoms needed for the prescription. Please take video consultation appointment through marham helpline.

Homeopath in Rawalpindi - Dr. Muhammad Ejaz

Dr. Muhammad Ejaz - Homeopath

DHMS | Rawalpindi

review-stars

20 Positive Reviews

Dear pt
U should take appointment for online consultation via mehram so we can proper take history and prescrib medicine

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories