Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychologist on Explosion Sound While Falling Asleep

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 31 years old, Lahore

It sometimes happens with me that when i am just about to fall asleep i hear a loud explosion sound in my head and i get awake with terror because it feels real but its no where it only in my head or ear i dont know what is it or how to explain , sometime i also see a flash of light while just falling asleep and it makes me awake suddenly, can any dr. explain what is this problem? And whom to consult for it

Psychologist in Hyderabad - Asma Laghari

Asma Laghari - Psychologist

Certified in Self Development, Professional Accredited Life Coaching, Certified in Existential Well-being Counseling | Hyderabad

review-stars

8 Positive Reviews

It seems you are going through stress in daily life which might be effecting you or you are going through state of fear? more details are required to get to know better

Psychologist in Karachi - Moera Zaheer

Moera Zaheer - Psychologist

MS (Clinical Psychology) | Karachi

Hello! Thank you for posting this query. It is actually a very less known issue, sometimes known as a syndrome. It is aptly termed 'Explosive Head Syndrome.'
This happens when a person is about to go to sleep hence between consciousness and unconsciousness. The reasons why this happens are still unclear but the most likely cause of it is thought to be stress. I hope you find comfort in knowing that you aren't alone in facing this issue, more people experience this as well. There haven't been any neurological problems associated with it yet.

Psychologist in Karachi - Rehan Shahid

Rehan Shahid - Psychologist

BS Psychology | Karachi

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

It can happen due to heavy stress or anxiety. For proper checkup you can consult me through marham.

Psychologist in Lahore - Mr. Azhar Hussain

Mr. Azhar Hussain - Psychologist

M.Sc (Gender Studies) Diploma (Clinical Psychology) (Diet & Nutrition), PGD in Health Care Management | Lahore

For proper treatment, book an appointment through Marham

Psychologist in Karachi - Ms. Aisha Idris

Ms. Aisha Idris - Psychologist

MS Clinical Psychology | Karachi

review-stars

3 Positive Reviews

It could be Explosive Head Syndrome. Please consult a psychologist in person to understand it's root cause.

Psychologist in Rawalpindi - Ms. Sadia Noreen

Ms. Sadia Noreen - Psychologist

Masters in Clinical Psychology, ADCP (Advance Diploma in Clinical Psychology) | Rawalpindi

review-stars

3 Positive Reviews

its due to stress .don't worry.book an appointment through Marham.we will discuss in detail.

Psychologist in Rawalpindi - Ms. Maria Bilal

Ms. Maria Bilal - Psychologist

MS (Applied Psychology), Certified Hypnotherapist | Rawalpindi

review-stars

23 Positive Reviews

Sorry for late reply.... actually it is a type of sleep disorder knows as Parasomnias, you should consult a doctor. These sounds are not real they are hallucinations so keep that it mind. Try to avoid heavy meals, fatty foods, caffeine etc before bed time. Adopt a healthy life style eat healthy diet especially nuts, fish, whole grains, and leafy greens.

Hallucination means???

4 years ago

MS (Applied Psychology), Certified Hypnotherapist | Rawalpindi | Book Appointment

review-stars 23 Positive Reviews

Hallucinations are sensations that appear to be real but are created within the mind. Examples include seeing things that are not there, hearing voices or other sounds, experiencing body sensations etc. In more simpler terms you think there is a sound but it’s not real as no one else heard it

4 years ago

Sometime i feel i am in a dream like state , the surroundings dont look real to me they feel like a dream, is it hallucination as well or is it something different

4 years ago

MS (Applied Psychology), Certified Hypnotherapist | Rawalpindi | Book Appointment

It may or may not be the same thing you have to explain that dream like state more? Do you have stress in life? And since when? Is there any history of psychological issues in your family or not?

4 years ago

Dream like state happens rarely , few weeks back it happened it was afternoon time and i was walking but i felt that i am in a dream my brain felt lighter than usual i was having light headed feeling and yes i am living stressful life from past few years, and one of my aunt was a depression patient who has died few years back, my brother also has anxiety disorder he used to go to psychiatrist as well

4 years ago

There is a condition or phenomena knows as De Ja vu do you experience that or still you will say you feel like a dream and when that happens do you hear voices or see people that actually are not there or unknown people? What happened to the real surroundings at the time of this dream like state?

4 years ago

Yes dejavu happens alot to me i know about this term, i feel that i have seen a situation before as well although it happens for the first time for example we went for picnic with the cousins and when we were having lunch i felt we have done this before as well but it was the first time ever i was visiting that picnic spot, and about that dream like feeling that i told i dont hear or see any voice or people and the real surroundings are normal as they usually are

4 years ago

De ja vu is happening a lot because of stress and as you are saying that surroundings remain the same and you do not hear or see things then it’s a good sign that hallucinations are not occurring but still to be on the sure side you can take an appointment to clear out your situation and understand it completely and also whatever is happening is because of your stressful life as I have suggested in initial message that adopt a healthy life style

4 years ago

Thank you for the detailed replies and concerns...InshaAllah i will try to consult a psychologist in lahore

4 years ago

Homeopath in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq

Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq - Homeopath

DHMS, RHMP (PAK) | Lahore

review-stars

48 Positive Reviews

Its because of stress so don't worry about it just take appointment through marham for proper treatment inshaAllah you will be better in couple of days

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories