Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Two Antidepressants Prescribed Together

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 20 years old, islamabad

i was taking flouxetine 40 mg from 4 months for ocd which was helpind but after 4 months it stopped working amd my ocd returned. I went to my psychiatrist and told this and he added 50 mg sertraline with my 40 mg flouxetine for my ocd.is it safe or not . It is safe to be used together or not ?

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Ayesha Abdul Hameed

Well I recommend the dose should be increased instead of adding another SSRI ( antidepressant)... Another factor depends upon your symptoms.
Thank you
Dr. Ayesha Abdul Hameed
FCPS PSYCHIATRY

Is it safe to add sertraline with flouxetine ?

3 years ago

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Ayesha Abdul Hameed

No, it's not safe. It's better to increase the dose of fluoxetine to 60mg with careful monitoring.
Thank you
Dr. Ayesha Abdul Hameed
FCPS PSYCHIATRY

3 years ago

I have taken 60 mg flouxetine but it didnt helped. Should we increase it to 80 mg or more

3 years ago

Psychiatrist in Islamabad - Dr. Rabbia Mushtaq

Dr. Rabbia Mushtaq - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS | Islamabad

review-stars

9 Positive Reviews

It is a common practice so do not worry just trust your doctor and keep going for follow ups. If there is any problem or query discuss it with your psychiatrist. Initial good response shows that Fluoxetine is a good choice for you, and appearance of symptoms of OCD again may have occurred due to stress. I think you should talk to your doctor about CBT. This is a therapy with good results and some other psychological methods to stop repetitive thoughts may also be started.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories