Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Psychiatry

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 24 years old, Karachi

I am suffering from some what i dont know movement disorder i was on haloperidol for months but i stopped it as i was having movement disorder now my feelings are that i sit for long hours on one place i am having difficulty in turning around and moving please tell me what to do what medicine should i take i searched on google for this type of problem it says you are suffering from catatonia i dont know what to do plesae help me

Homeopath in Khanewal - Dr. Muhammad Mohsin Shah

Dr. Muhammad Mohsin Shah - Homeopath

DHMS, RHMP | Khanewal

review-stars

238 Positive Reviews

For all complicated and chronic health problems contact us.
Simply click on link below and
Book an appointment for Rs.TWO thousand
or
Consult online for Rs.TWENTY only
https://www.marham.pk/doctors/khanewal/homeopath/dr-muhammad-mohsin-shah

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Muzamil Hyder

Dr. Muzamil Hyder - Psychiatrist

MBBS | Karachi

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

Long term use of antipsychotics can have variety of movement disorders notably catatonia, achathesia which are painless, repeatitive, annoying for patient and not voluntarily controlled. Beside it depends upon the overall built, hyderation status, type, dose and route of antipsychotics as well as wether its single or multiple drugs.
Confirmation and severity of it must be established, along with optimization of current treatment being given, which is only possible if detailed assessment of current and past illness is done. You should consult Psychiatrist for proper assessment, evaluation and management. He/she will then tell you to
1. Get some labs done
2. Optimization of treatment (reducing the dose/change the medication/addition of anticholinergic drug depending upon the indication and best possible strategy.
3. Risk and severity assessment through proper psychometric assessment tools
4. Give you informational care regarding illness, current problem, its causes, management and prognosis.

Psychiatrist in Faisalabad - Dr. Maryam Khokhar

Dr. Maryam Khokhar - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry) | Faisalabad

review-stars

94 Positive Reviews

Dear, what was the dose of haloperidol?. Another drug you were taking along with it? Book an online appointment via marham. Pk. To decide the severity of problem. It seems the side of haloperidol which quite notorious in causing extrapyramidal side effects. Mean while start taking tab kemadrin 5mg once in morning.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories