Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Ocd Problem

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 20, peshawar

i am taking sertraline 200 mg since 3 months for ocd. It has reduced my compulsions to half .but it have done nothing with my obsessions. I can say it have helped overall 30 to 35 percent for my ocd. I still have too much obsessions . I have tried to augment all antipsychotics with ssri for ocd but all of them didnt helped accept resperidone but i stopped resperidone due to severe side effects . Now My psychiatrist is thinking about switching my antidepressant. Should we switch or not. Plzz need expert advice

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Asma Zarin

Dr. Asma Zarin - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS, MCPS | Karachi

review-stars

27 Positive Reviews

where are you located and what are the credintials of your psychiatrist, if he is good then he is in a better position to make this decision, what dose of risp caused you side effects

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Asma Zarin

Dr. Asma Zarin - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS, MCPS | Karachi

review-stars

27 Positive Reviews

Flouxetine is a better choice of sert does not work

Psychiatrist in Peshawar - Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Saqib Siddique

Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Saqib Siddique - Psychiatrist

MBBS, DCPsych (IRE), FCPS (Psychiatry), Certified Cognitive Therapy, MRCPsych (UK) | Peshawar

review-stars

39 Positive Reviews

Hi there. I think if 200mg of Sertraline and augmenting it with antipsychotics didn't help, switching antidepressant can be an option. Please speak to your Psychiatrist and discuss in detail as all options depend on what was tried previously. Please refrain from doing any changes in medications on your own. I hope this helps

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories