Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Depression

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 30, mirpur

my question is from psychiatrist not from psychologist so kindly convey to psychiatrist I am a chronic bipolar patient and after visting so many doctors and changing so many medicine my doctor came with a best combo of medicine for me. my hypomania was gentle but my depression was too much resistant thts why doctor has prescribed me strong medicine lurisa 40mg sensival 25 mg brintellix 10mg butrin 300mg after two weeks I felt awesome and my cognition which was very bad before treatment was stupendous after taking these medicine but unluckilly I decided to give up my medicine which was a very bad decision in this time period I also suffered from severe anxiety so I decided two continue again treatment after two months and now it's been two months though my depression and cognition are better but not that much better as it was after taking them first time also my anxiety has gone away with these medicines m too much worried m still on so many antidepressants that are so strong what other

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Abdullah Shaikh

Dr. Abdullah Shaikh - Psychiatrist

MBBS, MSC (London), DCAP (London) | Karachi

review-stars

66 Positive Reviews

Assalamala
I understand.you just get my online appointment and you will recover

my Dr now added amitriptyline in previous medicines

2 years ago

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Abdullah Shaikh
Dr. Abdullah Shaikh - Psychiatrist

MBBS, MSC (London), DCAP (London) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 66 Positive Reviews

Get online appointment you will recover

2 years ago

Psychiatrist in Islamabad - Dr. Ammad Hassan

Dr. Ammad Hassan - Psychiatrist

MBBS, MCPS (Psychiatry), MBA (Health Management Services), Cognitive Behavior Therapy | Islamabad

Patients who are suffering from bipolar disorder, sometimes need regular medicine even when they feel fit. and it's wise not to shuffle between treating physicians.
As you have mentioned that you have responded to previously prescribed medication, was it re started by your physician or you self medicated?
Lastly I can advise you to get yourself thoroughly examined by nearest Psychiatrist. do get your routine bodily checkup done as well. There are alternative medications available if previous regime don't work.

upon my doctor's advice I restarted it... thanks respected doctor for showing your concern

2 years ago

MBBS, MCPS (Psychiatry), MBA (Health Management Services), Cognitive Behavior Therapy | Islamabad | Book Appointment

Dear Patient, it happens, especially when some medications are stopped abruptly. But nothing to be worried, just get your blood markers done and ask your doctor to put you on alternative s. Up till that time keep looking after your emotional well-being and try to stay calm as much as possible.

2 years ago

by blood markers can u plz tell me what it's mean I think there is no blood test that could tell you about your brain chemicals imbalance

2 years ago

MBBS, MCPS (Psychiatry), MBA (Health Management Services), Cognitive Behavior Therapy | Islamabad | Book Appointment

Agreed but Once patients are started on Bipolar treatment, most imp in chronic disorders, especially when on anti psychotics and mood stabilizers , they need to get their periodic blood tests done, to keep in check side effects ( blood complete count, liver functions,thyroid profile , renal functions) , depending upon which group is prescribed.

2 years ago

boundless thanks for giving me ur precious time... stay blessed, :)

2 years ago

my pleasure. wish you good health. take care

2 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories