Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Bipolar Disorder

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 29, mirpur ak

i m a bipolar m on three medicnes right now fluxotiene butrin and lamictal my memory is not good and i cant apeak and write english fluently although i am very talented.could anyone prescribe me some antidepressant because i m no more maniac but feel depresson still exists.thnks

Psychiatrist in Quetta - Asst. Prof. Dr. Zarmina Tareen

Asst. Prof. Dr. Zarmina Tareen - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry) | Quetta

review-stars

103 Positive Reviews

Kindly visit your psychiatrist for detailed assessment.... there is already one antidepressant in your mentioned medicines.

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Amjad Hakro

Hi,
Antidepressants can not be prescribed right away just because someone is feeling depressed. it's judicious to visit or book an appointment online with a psychiatrist so that this issue could be assessed professionally. You're already on an antidepressant "Butrin".

Memory issues could be a symptom of either the underlying illness, a side effect of medications you're on or your subjective sense. Speaking and writing in a non-native language goes well beyond just having a mental health issue. Thanks

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Irsa Hyder Shaikh

Dr. Irsa Hyder Shaikh - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS | Karachi

review-stars

72 Positive Reviews

Mediccines cannot be prescribed here without detailed assessment through appointment

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Abdullah Shaikh

Dr. Abdullah Shaikh - Psychiatrist

MBBS, MSC (London), DCAP (London) | Karachi

review-stars

66 Positive Reviews

Assalamalaikum
My Dear Sister please stop taking fluoxetine and get my online appointment as soon you get so that I could give you proper medicine and fully cure.

r u sure u will treat me beacuse i have consulted so many doctors so far but all in vain

4 years ago

MBBS, MSC (London), DCAP (London) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 66 Positive Reviews

Assalamalaikum
Yes my dear sister why not.
I am sure you will recover.

4 years ago

MBBS, MSC (London), DCAP (London) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 66 Positive Reviews

Assalamalaikum
Yes my dear sister,I am sure you will recover.
Insha Allah

4 years ago

sorry but how can you ask her to stop taking antidepressants what i know is that antidepressants should be tapered and then gradually we can stop i cant understand how can you say that being a psychiatrist

4 years ago

Psychiatrist in Rawalpindi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Farrukh Hayat Khan

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Farrukh Hayat Khan - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry), MCPS (Medical Education) | Rawalpindi

review-stars

682 Positive Reviews

I think you mean Wellbutrin. You are taking two antidepressants but their is no relief, therefore they needs to be reviewed though you have not mentioned the doses so do not know you are taking in proper dose or not. There are other antidepressants available and one of them claim to improve cognitive functions though it is costly. Lamictal is a mood stabiliser but you have not mentioned the dose. I would advise you to consult your Psychiatrist and have a review. There could be so many reasons for lack of response to treatment.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories