Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Weight Gain

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 3 years old, Rawalpindi

Aoa.. Doctors.. My daughter is 2 years and 7 months old MA.. but hr weight is only 12.5.. According to weight chart it must be approx 14 kgs.. Ehat can i do.. Can u recommend any multivitamins. And jab wo zada bhagti hy ya zada khailti hyto raat ko is k paun mai bht dard hota hy k wo so b nhn skti n at that time mai usko panadol dn to soti hy. Plz help me

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Shahzeb

Dr. Shahzeb - General Practitioner

| MBBS | | Lahore

review-stars

102 Positive Reviews

Ap ussy panadol na dein... Ap ki daughter ko achy multivitamin syrup ki zrurt hy... I will prescribe you a good quality syrup for your child and inshaAllah she will gain proper weight...i will also guide u about the diet of your child so that she becomes healthy..... U can contact me through marham...

042-32591427,

https://www.marham.pk/doctors/lahore/general-practitioner/dr-shahzeb

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Tabinda Nageen

Dr. Tabinda Nageen - Pediatrician

MBBS, FCPS (Paediatrics) | Lahore

Dear Parent
For your concerns about her weight: Yes according to growth chart her weight should be 14kg, but growth chart shows average weights and not every kid is same a little bit up and down from the average is Ok if your kid is healthy( means not getting sick quickly ) and active. Give her healthy and balanced diet according to her age don't go for supplements a balance diet can help you.
For leg/calf pain at night: as you described it I can feel it is Growing Pain. Growing pains are cramping, achy muscle pains that some preschoolers and preteens feel in both legs. The pain usually occurs in the late afternoon or evenings. But it may cause your child to wake up in the middle of the night.
Growing pains usually start in early childhood, around age 3 or 4. 
growing pains may simply be muscle aches due to intense childhood activities that can wear your child's muscles out. These activities include running, jumping, and climbing. 
The following things may ease discomfort and help your child feel better:

Massaging the legs.

Stretching the leg muscles. This may be difficult for younger kids.

Placing a warm cloth or heating pad on the sore leg. Be careful not to burn the skin and do not use during sleep.

If n o improvement with above mentioned treatment then you can give her acetaminophen ( panadol or calpol ) or Ibuprofen ( brufen) according to her weight I.e 10mg/kg.
I hope it helps you.

Thanx alot doctr.. Yes she is MA active n not eat too much but 3 meals a day.. N only eat roti not even salan or any vege.. But fruit intake is gud MA

4 years ago

Hematologist in Lahore - Dr. Usman Tahir

Dr. Usman Tahir - Hematologist

MBBS, IMM (Haematology), FCPS (Haematology- PGR) | Lahore

review-stars

286 Positive Reviews

plz consult me online thru marham i will help you in a better way, thanks for your concerns

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Shahzeb

Dr. Shahzeb - General Practitioner

| MBBS | | Lahore

review-stars

102 Positive Reviews

Dear pateint... Dont give her random medication.... Your child has vitamin deficiency and i will prescribe you a good quality syrup for this and inshaAllah ur child weight will become normal... I will also guide u about diet of your child so that her health becomes normal.... U can contact me through marham...

Regards. Dr. Shahzeb (Gold Medalist).

042-32591427,

https://www.marham.pk/doctors/lahore/general-practitioner/dr-shahzeb

Pediatrician in Sargodha - Prof. Dr. Muhammad Yaqoob

Prof. Dr. Muhammad Yaqoob - Pediatrician

MBBS, FCPS (Paeds) | Sargodha

review-stars

3 Positive Reviews

GIVE HER PEDIASURE MILK DESI GHEE BUTTER AND RED MEAT

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor