Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Toddler Prolonged Fever

person-avatar

Asking For Other, Female 2, Peshawar

My daughter aged 2 years & 3 months having fever for the last 4 days. Today is the 5th day . Initially on first & second day , Temperature was around 102 F . Used Calpol for 1st 2 days (after every 5 to 6 hours ) , then on 3rd and 4th day used Tempramine only twice a day (Morning & evening). checked Temperature yesterday night... it was around 98.5 (on Armpit) . Today morning same Temperarure of about 98.7 (Armpit). Used Calpol only today , no Tempramine. From day 1 till date , no other symptom like cough, flu etc .. only fever. Is it safe to use Calpol (Paracetamol) for 5th day & onwards ?? kid is active and eating normally. Pl advice .

Pediatric Nephrologist in Faisalabad - Dr. Junaid Ahmed

Dr. Junaid Ahmed - Pediatric Nephrologist

MBBS, FCPS (Pediatrics), FCPS (Pediatric Nephrology) | Faisalabad

review-stars

20 Positive Reviews

no need to give paracetamol more if fever is settled as 98 is actually not fever

sir Once doctor told me that always add +1 to the temp as you are taking temp on Armpit.

3 years ago

Pediatrician in Islamabad - Dr. Sehreen Imran

Dr. Sehreen Imran - Pediatrician

MBBS, MCPS, E- Doctor | Islamabad

for children 98 is normal body temperature. if temperature exceeds 100 F then give calpol . it can be given if fever persists ( but dose has to be calculated according to wt).

Thanks a lot. Once Dr told me that on Taking Temprature under armpit, always add +1 F.. so if temp is 98.5 under Armpit, it's 99.5 actually . is it ?

3 years ago

MBBS, MCPS, E- Doctor | Islamabad | Book Appointment

yes we do add 1 degree.

3 years ago

MBBS, MCPS, E- Doctor | Islamabad

give panadol above 100 F.

Thanks a lot. Just noticed, it's Measles. All her body Tommy, chest and back is filled with tiny spots and Rashes. but No Fever now . Nothing. any Advice ? Should we let it go like this to make it finish on its own

3 years ago

MBBS, MCPS, E- Doctor | Islamabad | Book Appointment

give lots of warm drinks . give multivitamins particularly vit A . give steam inhalation if needed

3 years ago

Thanks a lot. Yes, started with A-Max drops and Vidalyin Syrup.

3 years ago

Pediatrician in Karachi - Dr. Haider Ali

Any other symptoms
Except flu and cough?
Does she has chills with fever?

Thanks a lot. Just noticed, it's Measles. All her body Tommy, chest & back is filled with tiny spots & Rashes. but No Fever now . Nothing. any Advice ? Should we let it go like this to make it finish on its own

3 years ago

Pediatrician in Karachi - Dr. Haider Ali

You have to go an see a pediatrician to see other clinical manifestation associated with measles

3 years ago

Pediatrician in Layyah - Dr. Muhammad Afzal Khan

Dr. Muhammad Afzal Khan - Pediatrician

MBBS, MRCPCH II, MCPS | Layyah

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

According to Mayo Clinic, USA guidelines a patient is considered to have fever if the armpit temperature is 99F or higher.

Many Thanks. Just noticed today, it's Measles. All her body Tommy, chest and back is filled with tiny spots and Rashes. but No Fever now . Nothing. any Advice ? Should we let it go like this to make it finish on its own

3 years ago

Pediatrician in Layyah - Dr. Muhammad Afzal Khan
Dr. Muhammad Afzal Khan - Pediatrician

MBBS, MRCPCH II, MCPS | Layyah | Book Appointment

review-stars 4 Positive Reviews

If your child is fully vaccinated this skin rash is unlikely to be from Measles. Besides, the condition of a child worsens with appearance of a rash in Measles. A viral disease called Sixth Disease (Exanthema subitum or Rosella infantum in medical language) is characterised by fever for 4 or 5 days with no other symptoms, followed by sudden drop in fever and appearance of a generalised skin rash. This is what your child seems to have suffered from. This condition does not have any complications and your child does not need any further treatment.

3 years ago

Many thanks Doctor. I am indeed obliged. Yes she was vaccinated but once only as her second dose was due during Covid Peak days (April 2020) so everything was closed and didn't have any option left that time so couldn't have the second booster.

3 years ago

and Yes she is much better now Alhamdolillah

3 years ago

Pediatrician in Multan - Prof. Dr. Ghulam Mustafa

Prof. Dr. Ghulam Mustafa - Pediatrician

MBBS, FCPS, MCPS, Fellow Pediatric Pulmonology & PICU | Multan

review-stars

24 Positive Reviews

You have managed your baby very well. You can give calpol for 10 days even if there is fever. No problem and don’t worry. Please don’t add any degree to armpit temperature. It is what it is. For measles please continue A-Max but what dose you are using? We need to give 042-32591427, units. Keep hydrated and be relaxed. Was this child vaccinated? Once or twice? Are there other children in the family? Keep observing them, they may be affected in next one to two weeks.

Many thanks Doctor. I am indeed obliged. Yes she was vaccinated but once only as her second dose was due during Covid Peak days (April 2020) so everything was closed and didn't have any option left that time so couldn't have the second booster. Alhamdolillah She is much better now. I am giving A Max drops 2.5ml a day with a multivitamin. Well she is my twin child so I have started giving the second one with same doses of A Max & Multivitamins. Waiting for her now but till now she is fine .

3 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories