Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Swallowing Issue

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Female, 1 years old, Sharjah

Hi My baby is 14 months old. She always had issues with drinking milk. Most of the times she ll feed only while sleep. I started offering her solids when she was 6 months old but until now she doesn't swallows food. I have tried every texture, every method. She ll just keep it in her mouth but won't swallow it. We have been to countless pediatricians and a speech therapist also but nothing seems to work. Other than this issue she is a healthy happy kid. Please help me!

Pediatrician in Hyderabad - Dr. Saeed Ahmed Shaikh

Dr. Saeed Ahmed Shaikh - Pediatrician

| MBBS | MD (Pediatrician) | | Hyderabad

weight of baby?
what you given in solid food?food item?
vomiting issue after each feed

Pediatrician in Faisalabad - Dr. Muhammad Irfan

Dr. Muhammad Irfan - Pediatrician

MBBS, FCPS | Faisalabad

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

In order to give opinion, I would prefer to examine the baby myself. What is weight, height abd what developmental milestones she has achieved? If her development and growth parameters are ok, then stopping feeder and decreasing milk intake will definitely work for this kid. When we reduce milk feeding, baby surely go to take solid diets.

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Ali Arshad

Dr. Ali Arshad - Pediatrician

| MBBS | FCPS (Pediatrics) | Certificate in Health Professions Education (CHPE) | | Lahore

if the kid has significant swallowing issues, the kid can never be a healthy happy kid. there seems to be a disparity in history. you can show up for examination or get online consultation for diagnosis and treatment, as and if required

Pediatrician in Layyah - Dr. Muhammad Afzal Khan

Dr. Muhammad Afzal Khan - Pediatrician

MBBS, MRCPCH II, MCPS | Layyah

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

If her weight gain is adequate your child is getting the nutrition she needs. If she has walked and talked at appropriate times it is unlikely that your child has a serious swallowing disorder. Children need to learn to eat and require patience and perseverance on the part of parents.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories