Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Neuro - Brain on NEURO? Pain In Brain Arms And Legs

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 37, karachi

i am having pain pressure in nerve frequently, i try to waive off through sleeping as its too tiring, when ever i hear something sad or bad i get pain in my one side near the ears brain pain, i ve checked with jinnah and other neuro too in karachi all they give is mistly multi vitamin type meds, my ct scan was also clear 1.5 year ago. but these pain havent stopped. i go numb tingling sensation inlegs and hands mostly and when i wake up in morning it happens again till evening, in night its 50 percent relaxed but not gone. when i talk too much i get brain pain and when i dont sleep for long it gets worse, when i think too much it gets pain, when i hear something louder it gets pain. my cbc profile was also nirmal but vit d was reduced then i took d it recovered but for 2 3 months, then it happen again but this time vit d didnt work. i also have ovary water cyst on one side abt 9 cms. that is not paining as much as this head pain. also consulted neuro gastro orthopedics, they are all giv

Neuro Surgeon in Karachi - Asst. Prof. Dr. S Khoula Azmat

Asst. Prof. Dr. S Khoula Azmat - Neuro Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Neurosurgery) | Karachi

review-stars

31 Positive Reviews

need complete neurological assessment first then anything can advised

kindly advise what assessment or test is needed

2 years ago

Neuro Surgeon in Karachi - Asst. Prof. Dr. S Khoula Azmat
Asst. Prof. Dr. S Khoula Azmat - Neuro Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Neurosurgery) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 31 Positive Reviews

you have to go to some neurologist then he or she will see you and guide you for further

2 years ago

Neuro Surgeon in Karachi - Dr. Farrukh Zulfiqar

Dr. Farrukh Zulfiqar - Neuro Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Neurosurgery), FRCS-SN(Neurosurgery) | Karachi

Will be happy to assess and manage accordingly. It requires few questions directly related to your symptoms and examination of your arms and legs as well. You might require an MRI scan.... But it will be advised only after assessment. Let me know if your require any help in this regard.

Neurologist in Mansehra - Dr. Zahid Hassan

Dr. Zahid Hassan - Neurologist

MBBS, FCPS (Neurology) | Mansehra

which medicine are u curently taking and you need oneline consultation

asa not currently taking any medication, just neubrol simple at times when pain becomes to heavy, it gives bit relieve but makes me sleep at the same time

2 years ago

Neurologist in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Iftikhar Khawaja

Prof. Dr. Iftikhar Khawaja - Neurologist

MBBS, DCMT, MRCP | Lahore

review-stars

32 Positive Reviews

Your pain does not fit into any recognized pattern. When you hear something bad means there is no physical cause of your pain. Hearing something bad causes an emotional response and any existing pain will automatically worsen. We need to determine whether you actually have pain at rest when you are not doing anything and are relaxed. If so when exactly and in what part of the day or night you have the pain. We also need to ask you whether the pain is recent or has been there for a long time. If recent, was it brought about by some unpleasant or sad happening like some close relatives death? Sometimes such a pain starts after a close relative with whom you identify to be in a close relationship falls ill and has developed similar symptoms. Our response is then to develop a so called sympathetic illness. To consider all this the neurologist who sees you would first ask you a number if questions in a face to face interview and then decide whether to proceed with investigations and what investigations. If we embark upon investigations like MRI without a clear idea of what we intend to exclude, then we could do dozens of tests without arriving at a diagnosis. And if we don’t have a diagnosis we cannot treat you!

a patient myself. when i hear something sad or unpleasent i go over the same and if i focus on the right spot where the pain occurs it worsens and if i dont focus on the same spot it stays there very little but i know its there. i try to relax myself and focus on other domestic stuffs. but the pain is still there. this increases in cycle days also its been mire then a year now. so not really sure where to start. it really have something to do with the nerves and mostly affected area is hands legs and brain. rest if u see me i look fit but really need help on this. there is no family history on this either. i do get ur point but considering me at this position i really dont know

2 years ago

Neurologist in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Iftikhar Khawaja

Prof. Dr. Iftikhar Khawaja - Neurologist

MBBS, DCMT, MRCP | Lahore

review-stars

32 Positive Reviews

Before I perform a physical and neurological examination I would need to take a detailed history during a face to face interview. This takes around 30 to 40 minutes and cannot be done in dribs and drabs like this. If you want to consult me kindly make an appointment through Marham. I am located in UK and do not have a clinic in Pakistan.

thankyou for your prompt response. we have already spent more then 14 docs and 37 tests but no findings untill corona came and became jobless. we wish we could afford any more but this inflation in goods is no longer in our hands. we highly appreciate your showed concern and realized if we could have consulted you earlier. this is very reason to post on forum if any one is able to help. thankyou once again.

2 years ago

Neurologist in Karachi - Dr. Muhammad Owais Hashmmat

Dr. Muhammad Owais Hashmmat - Neurologist

MBBS, FCPS | Karachi

review-stars

2 Positive Reviews

likely no neurological disease with these symptoms. but better to consult Neurologist for detailed history and clinical examination. I understand you already did that but worth a try to rule out neurological diseases...let me know of needed to consult

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Neuro - Brain

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories