Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Hematologist on Thalassemia Report Evaluation

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 35 years old, PAKISTAN

Assalam-o-Alaykum,

I have done myself tested to know whether i am a carrier of Thalassemia or not. None of my family members or relative is known to be a Thalassemia Patient. But i want myself evaluated before my marriage to rule out the chances of Thalassemia in my kids.Reports are attached . Please interpret the reports.

Hematologist in Rawalpindi - Dr. Nuzhat Mushahid

Dr. Nuzhat Mushahid - Hematologist

MBBS,FCPS | Rawalpindi

review-stars

2 Positive Reviews

this is perfectly normal report. there is no evidence of thalassaemia minor or carrier state. not to worry. if you have any complaints then you can elaborate on those and I can guide.

Thanks for the reply.

So it means, I don't need my supposed wife to be tested for Thalassemia carrier test? And even if she will be Thalassemia major, there are no chances of my kids to be Thalassemia patients ?

4 years ago

MBBS,FCPS | Rawalpindi | Book Appointment

review-stars 2 Positive Reviews

If she is adult and has never received blood, she cannot have thalassaemia Major. However 5 to 6 % of normal Pakistanis are thalassemia minor or carrier. If she is one of those people then every in every pregnancy there is 50% chance of child being carrier or minor and 50% chance of being not even carrier. There is no chance of Thalassemia major if husband is not carrier or minor.

4 years ago

MBBS,FCPS | Rawalpindi

review-stars

2 Positive Reviews

Yes . True. Even if your wife is thalassaemia minor, she is perfectly normal physically. None of children is at risk of being thalassaemia major. Only little problem of thal carrier or minor is that the lady may have relatively lower hemoglobin during pregnancy which is quite manageable.

What if she is Thalassemia Major? In that case, are there any chances of having my kids to be Thalassemia major?

4 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories