Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Lack Of Sexual Desires Post Medication

person-avatar

Asking for Wife, Female, 34 years old, Rawalpindi

In the start of the last pregnancy of my wife, she took Duphaston 10mg on advice of Dr for two months. During that time, she had great emotional swings. It has been 1.5 years since delivery. I have noted that post delivery she has lost all desires to become intimate or have intercourse. I have even directly asked her and she herself says that she has no internal desires even if it has been weeks since we have been intimate. What can be the cause of this and any cure to restore normal libido in her??? She is 34, one baby via C Sec. Recovery was all normal. She is 55 kg now and well active at home.

Gynecologist in Attock - Dr. Komal Aftab

Dr. Komal Aftab - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS | Attock

review-stars

6 Positive Reviews

most of the time females are so much indulge in their work due to family home and children....try to give her space and your coordination also.. also if you find some helper for household chores..if she will be mentally relax her desire will return

Maam thank u for the prompt reply and i understand this. But she has no such issues. We are a very small family with limited chores. This was my first instinct as well but we have discussed this and ruled it out.

3 years ago

Gynecologist in Attock - Dr. Komal Aftab
Dr. Komal Aftab - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS | Attock | Book Appointment

review-stars 6 Positive Reviews

duphastan doesnot causes such side effects its a female hormone... start tablet vitum gold multivitamin and ask her to do exercises and of possible yoga...

3 years ago

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Yasmeen Memon

Dr. Yasmeen Memon - Gynecologist

MBBS, Diploma in Gynaecology & Obstetrics (D.G.O) | Karachi

review-stars

6 Positive Reviews

i am totally agreed with Dr Komal Aftab.

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Umber Asad

Dr. Umber Asad - Gynecologist

| MBBS | FCPS | Diploma in Urogynaecolgy | | Lahore

just relax yourself .. everything will b fine

Maam just trying to understand what maybe the cause. Can duphaston can have such side effects??

3 years ago

Gynecologist in Islamabad - Dr. Hina Nadeem

Dr. Hina Nadeem - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), PGD(Nutrition), CBC (Advance Ultrasound), | Islamabad

review-stars

46 Positive Reviews

Aoa
well if shes lactating then this might b the cause...her experience during last pregnancy can b a trigger...then her daily chores cud also b the reason...if she duznt want pregnancy right now...then go fr a suitable LARC and reassure her...she ll b fine in sha Allah

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories