Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Practitioner on Tonsills Swelling

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 29 years old, Out of pakistan where medical is not advanced

I have enlarged tonsills from 2 months initially i took antobiotics so no pain now still tonsills are enlarged.. i got dryness at right side of tonsills and pinching type felling when i lay down.. dr suggestd me to remove tonsills should i go for it??

General Practitioner in Islamabad - Dr. Hana Mazhar

Dr. Hana Mazhar - General Practitioner

MBBS | Islamabad

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

Yes you must go for tonsillectomy

General Practitioner in Bahawalpur - Dr. Muhammad Ishaq Raza

there is a strict criteria to get tonsills removed. consult an ENT surgeon for that. but one single episode of tonsillitis ia not an indication for surgery

General Practitioner in Karachi - Dr. Rehman Rasheed

If there is chronic nagging problem of acute tonsillitis than I recommend you to go for a tonsillectomy but if you can take a good course of a reputable antibiotic and it works too and you are symptom free for a year or so than no need , it would have been better if you could have posted a pic of your inflamed tonsils

General Physician in Lahore - Dr. Huma Basharat

Dr. Huma Basharat - General Physician

MBBS, DCP | Lahore

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

Consult ENT surgeon

General Practitioner in Karachi - Dr. Javeria

the ultimate solution for this is surgical removal . it's good that you have taken antibiotic recently you can get them removed if your doctor is performing surgery currently

General Practitioner in Peshawar - Dr. Tayyab Rehman

Beta
First line treatment is medicine, if it regress with it, plus precautions.
If it goes in chronic stage then we suggest operation.
And beta it's not very dangerous procedure. Just a minor operation. So 1 must not get afraid of it. Only the thing, that to do from a competent ENT surgeon who has best sterilization in his work place, against hapititis B, C, ect.

General Practitioner in Gujrat - Dr. Shahzaib Fida

Depends upon the condition of the patient i.e how often the tonsils are getting infected.so need further details!

General Practitioner in Wah Cantt - Dr. Nasir Mehmood Khan

make it a habbit of doing gargles five times a day.
avoid ice cold drinks and oily food..always drink luke warm water..
you need not to be removing the tonsills

General Practitioner in Gujar Khan - Dr. Muhammad Usman Shaikh

cap moxifloen 400 mg 1 a day Tab softin 1 day Tab Diagasic p.1.1

General Practitioner in Gujranwala - Dr. Nafeesa Salman

if you have enlarged tonsils and having irritation there with no pain , interfering with your daily activities like swallowing , breathing on lying down then you can go for its removal

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Mohammad Abid Shahwar

tonsils r glands in sides of everybody throat(part of our defence system called lymph nodes). in some people, they r naturally of large size. If causing lot of pain on swallowing, hv to take antibiotics. But already took med with no effect then conservative management is advised like saline gargles & avoiding intake of fast food, cold drinks & sour spicy food. U can hv a course of tab flagyl 400 mg 1+1 fr 5 days

General Practitioner in Nowshera - Dr. Arif Zaman

if enlarged enough then definitely go for toncselectomy but if a little bit then take levoxin 500 for 10 days plus tab brufen 400 for ten days

General Practitioner in Rawalpindi - Dr. Rehmat Asif

Dr. Rehmat Asif - General Practitioner

MBBS, RMP | Rawalpindi

review-stars

21 Positive Reviews

You developed enlarged tonsils during last two months,,there is some strong factor that is not eliminated properly due to which it took two months and not resolved completely, can u share more details regarding tonsils and your detailed history and medications or checkups done till now . First step is to have detailed consultation and get proper medicines accordingly alongwith good care routine. If it is not responsive then surgical treatment is the option but that's when medical treatment totally fails in spite of eliminating the causative factors while doing complete precautions with good self care and nutrition.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with General Practitioner

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories