Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Practitioner on Coughing B

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 23 years old, Lahore

I have cough since yesterday My voice is changing too I have dry nose Is it a common cold? Ive had covid last year tho

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Ramish

It may be a seasonal flu . Don’t panic . Just wait and see if you have difficulty in breathing then go for a doctor . Otherwise don’t need anything . Just take Tab Softin just after dinner .

I am taking antiobitic. Leflox n myteaka suggested by doc. He said to take acefyl syrup. Is it okay!

3 years ago

General Practitioner in Karachi - Dr. Javeria

go for a pcr test. take acefyl cough syrup 1tsf along with tab softin 1 at night

General Practitioner in Karachi - Dr. Sara Andleeb

differentiating between common cold and covid is quite difficult but u have to take the required precautions .. and keep observing our saturation levels including loss of taste and smell if u strt experiencing these symptoms please get tested as soon as possible.. other than that follow sops

General Practitioner in Rawalpindi - Dr. Hira Fatima

Do you have fever? Sore throat? Any sputum with cough or is it only dry cough?

No sore throat. Sputum with cough is present

3 years ago

No fever as well

3 years ago

Fever? Color of sputum? White/yellow/greenish/any stain of blood in it?

3 years ago

No fever. Sputum color is yellowish n slightly green

3 years ago

It can be seasonal cough, can be due to allergy. Just take tab softin 1 x night time for 3 days and syp acefyl cough 2+2+2 for 3-5 days . Donot take antibiotic if you haven’t started it yet. Take antibiotic if you develop fever in coming days . Any history of contact with corona positive patient? Any outing?

3 years ago

Apply polyfax with little finger or cotton bud inside your nose to prevent dryness

3 years ago

I took tab leflox and myteaka in sehri and now in iftar. Is that okay?

3 years ago

No need of myteka if you are not asthmatic. As you’ve started leflox so you have to continue it otherwise antibiotic resistance will develop if you discontinue it now. You may try muconyl expectorant syrup (instead of acefyl cough syrup) 1 tbsp x thrice daily , it will help you cough up and expectorate your sputum.

3 years ago

Hi doc im feeling a lot better. However my mother is feeling sore throat and cough. Tiredness as well. Should we be concerned? Or should we treat the same viral cold way?

3 years ago

1) Age of mother? 2) Is your mother suffering from any major illness like diabetes , blood pressure, heart disease, asthma? 3)Any history of contact with covid suspected people or any outside activity? Does anyone in your home go to work daily ? Does he/she take the required precautions (mask, social distancing) when out of home? 4) Is your mother having fever? 5) Any body pains along with tiredness? 6) Is cough dry or has sputum ? If sputum then color? 7) Is your mother experiencing any difficulty in breathing?

3 years ago

Apart from your query I would like to ask , did you go for corona antibody test since you got covid? If no , I would recommend you to go for antibody testing. It will reveal levels of antibody you have and will guide whether you still have protection against covid or you need vaccination asap

3 years ago

Mom is 46 years old she does not have any underlying health condition. No fever. Dry cough. Fatigue. No problem in breathing. We had covid last yeat in mid april we were asymptomatic n we didnt went for antiobdies test

3 years ago

History doesn’t reveal anything worrysome . Looks like allergy/seasonal flu. Tab softin 1x night time for 3 days . Syp acefyl cough 2 tbsp x thrice daily for 3-5 days. Tab panadol for 3 days. Warm gargles with saltwater. Good hydration, drink plenty of warm fluids, green tea. Give her rest , she will be fine soon InshaAllah

3 years ago

Get your antibody levels checked and go for vaccination then

3 years ago

Hi Doc. My mother has temperature again its on and off. We consulted doctor he said its a viral thing these days cough n temp. He put mom on azomax and panadol 2 tabs. My question is should we get cbc or chest xray done?

3 years ago

Psychiatrist in Abbottabad - Dr. Saleem Khan Marwat

Dr. Saleem Khan Marwat - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS-I (Psychiatry) | Abbottabad

review-stars

7 Positive Reviews

Do you have fever? Were you having any sore throat before that ? I would suggest to take rest , extra fluids , soft diet , keep a check on your fever and record it , take simple panadal tablets for fever , simple salt based luke warm water gargles , keep a watch on your symptoms , for dry nose apply either apply vaseline or polyfax ointment in your nose . I would suggest to wait for a couple of days , if you dont improve one can consider blood cp and other labs , don't worry , things will get clear in a day or two .

General Practitioner in Karachi - Dr. Veena Umeed

It could be a common cold, as the weather is changing so it could be a viral flu.

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Shahzeb

Dr. Shahzeb - General Practitioner

| MBBS | | Lahore

review-stars

102 Positive Reviews

U r taking adequate medicine... U will b fine in a couple of days... Get well soon.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with General Practitioner

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories