Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Ent Surgeon on Tonsillitis Adenoids

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 6 years old, AJK

Aoa My daughters age 6 years has tonsillitis since she was one and adenoids when doctor examined was at age 3.. Since then she had a tough time in winters. Because she breaths from mouth n facing blocked nose specially at nights. She gets fever on n off after every season change or due to bad throat (tonsils). I don't want her to get operated in this young age for tonsils n adenoids. If there is any permanent treatment in homeopathy is available then I can start soon for her. As it is winters started here and cold n dry weather make her uncomfortable all the day n night. Although I use xynosine drops for her just at nights. But still there is a need to cure them permanently. I give her milk with turmeric, chicken soup,herbal teas etc to soothes her. My daughter is Mashaa'allah healthy child.don't looks like a tonsillitis kid. I can consult any best homeo doctor in rwp/isl.

Ent Surgeon in Karachi - Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Asim

Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Asim - Ent Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Oto Ryhnio), MCPS( ENT), Diploma in (ENT Surgery) | Karachi

review-stars

9 Positive Reviews

You are quite concerned about your daughter. The question is are her adenoids big enough. Please get a x ray of adenoids and share. As adenoids and tonsil enlargement is not a seasonal disease. She must have some other issue. Till u get the x rays just put normal saline drops only in nose nothing else. Xynosine is very harmful if used for long even single dose at night and specially in kids. Stop it immediately. We discuss after the x ray then

Can I use norsaline drops?

4 years ago

Ent Surgeon in Karachi - Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Asim
Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Asim - Ent Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Oto Ryhnio), MCPS( ENT), Diploma in (ENT Surgery) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 9 Positive Reviews

Ya, nor saline is best for kids. Use as much as u feel the need. No side effects

4 years ago

Thank you so much for your help

4 years ago

Ent Surgeon in Karachi - Prof. Dr. Shakil Aqil

Prof. Dr. Shakil Aqil - Ent Surgeon

MBBS, DLO, FRCS | Karachi

review-stars

95 Positive Reviews

AE
Thanks for the enquiry
You can contact your homeopathic doctor about which I can’t give you any advice.It would be your decision .
Any child having more than 5 attacks of tonsillitis per year for more than a year need tonsillectomy. All children have adenoids but they regress by the age of 12. However if a child has large adenoids then it can cause:
Snoring, middle ear infection, sinus infection and due to mouth breathing it can affect the development of teeth resulting in adenoids faces
It’s your decision what type of treatment you want for your child
Tonsil and adenoids surgery is most commonly done in children all over the world including UK. Nowadays it’s done as day care surgery
Final decision is yours about what type of treatment you want for your child
Regards
Professor Dr Shakil Aqil FRCS UK

May daughter is not having more than 5 attacks due to tonsils.. But I don't want her to see with blocked nose n mucus irritating her in winters.

4 years ago

Ent Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Ijaz Nazir

Dr. Ijaz Nazir - Ent Surgeon

| MBBS | DLO (ENT) | | Lahore

review-stars

96 Positive Reviews

Slam,as you described the illness of ur baby she needs surgery nd this is good age for surgery. About homeopathy I cannot comment 

Waslam.. I need to homeopathy treatment. Many people are getting treatment from homeo doctor.and they get positive results. So I m confused now what to do. I need a sincere suggestion. What is homeopathy n what techniques they use to cure diseases.

4 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories