Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Endocrinologist on Overnight Dexamethasone Suppression Test:

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 26 years old, Lahore

iam abroad currently and an endocrinologist told me to get this Overnight dexamethasone suppression test:done and told me to eat this medicine at night and then get the test after 8 hours but i read about it and it says u shudnt take it if u have or had a fungal infection which i did and also took antifungal medicine for 10 days last month and m not even sure if the fungal infection went away or not but i forgot to mention it to the doctor and now i cant contact him and have to get the test done this week so please kindly guide me will this medicine have a worse effect on me ? and also are there any other side effects of taking this medicine ? thankyou

Endocrinologist in Abbottabad - Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed - Endocrinologist

MBBS, MRCP (UK) | Abbottabad

review-stars

44 Positive Reviews

Hi. This test is to screen for Cushing syndrome. Usually just one dose is not a issue. For further details make an appointment. Thanks

Endocrinologist in Gujranwala - Dr. Zeeshan Javed

Dr. Zeeshan Javed - Endocrinologist

MBBS, MD (USA), PhD Medical sciences (UK), Speciality Certificate in Endocrinology & Diabetes (Royal college UK), Diploma Endocrinology & Diabetes (QMUL-UK) | Gujranwala

review-stars

120 Positive Reviews

Hi there. Dexamethadone is a steroid which has sone side effects like high blood presdure and blood sugars. Just one dose should not be an issue. I would suggest you should go ahead with the test.

Endocrinologist in Karachi - Dr. Faisal Ilyas

Dr. Faisal Ilyas - Endocrinologist

MBBS, Masters (Diabetologist/Endocrinologist) | Karachi

review-stars

12 Positive Reviews

Kindly visit any of my clinics. I am sending you the schedule of my OPDs

Thanks and Regards,

Dr Faisal Ilyas
Consultant Diabetologist and Endocrinologist

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor