Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on UV Index In Saudi Arabia

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 26, lahore

I live in Saudi arabia. I work outdoors in sun and expose myself in Sun a lot. can UV radiations cause me skin cancer? I have been working here for 6 months. I dont use sun block. but now i will start to use it because summer is ahead. but will i be safe from skin cancer because of previous exposure?

Dermatologist in Karachi - Dr. Muniba Akmal

Dr. Muniba Akmal - Dermatologist

MBBS, D- Derm (DOW), Aesthetic Medicine Physician (AAA) | Karachi

review-stars

20 Positive Reviews

Dear patient its necessary to apply Sunblock . If your exposure is too much than cover yourself appropriately in order to avoid Skin Cancers.

Dermatologist in Lahore - Dr. Amna Rasul

Dr. Amna Rasul - Dermatologist

MBBS, FCPS (Dermatology) | Lahore

review-stars

21 Positive Reviews

Asian skin is generally less prone to developing skin cancers . Still all what u can do is to avoid further exposure as much u can by using sunblock and protactive clothing.

Dermatologist in Karachi - Dr. Obaidur Rehman

Dr. Obaidur Rehman - Dermatologist

MBBS, MD (USA), D.DERM (LONDON), MRSM | Karachi

review-stars

20 Positive Reviews

If you are a fair colored person and if you have especially moles on your exposed area of the skin, you are at risk. You must wear full sleeve shirt and if possible wear a hat or a cap during the daytime. It's a good idea to apply sunscreens to your face & exposed areas. Especially the ones that also protects against infra- red light. But the most important aspect of application is that it must have been applied at least 20min before stepping out of your home and it must be reapplied every 2-3 hours over the last application. Meaning do not want your face etc before reapplying. Sunscreens that gives a whitish or greyish tinge is preferred.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories