Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on Hair Colour Allergy

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 34, bhakkar

I have the problem of allergy and itching in my scalp. According to the doctor, it is caused by the hair colour.

What is its best solution and how I can overcome it. Please advise.

Thanks

Dermatologist in Jeddah - Dr. Aneela Farooq

Dr. Aneela Farooq - Dermatologist

MBBS, Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Dermatology, Postgraduate Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine AAAM (USA) | Jeddah

Allergy and itching after dying hair is a common problem for many people. Paraphenylenediamine PPD and ammonia that is used in hair dyes are known a contact allergan. It's better to use dyes without PPD and ammonia. Always do a patch test on a small area on the back of your ear or on the forearm before 24 to 48 hours of applying any hair dye.
Thank you

Thanks for the response.

Can you please recommend any PPD free hair dye that is safer than common hair dyes?

3 years ago

Dermatologist in Lahore - Dr. Saima Shahid Khan

Dr. Saima Shahid Khan - Dermatologist

MBBS, MD Dermatology, Doctor of Medicine (Dermatology) | Lahore

review-stars

5 Positive Reviews

Best treatment of allergy is to avoid allergens. when you know it's because of colour it's recommended to avoid that colour. use some natural ways for your hair colours. if itching is sever and you feel some oozing then must see a dermatologist.

Dermatologist in Lahore - Dr. Ayub Qureshi

Dr. Ayub Qureshi - Dermatologist

MBBS, Fellowship, M.Phil | Lahore

Please try to avoid hair color for short time then use hair color which are ammonia and mercury free good quality hair color. If you will still get allergy contact dermatologist online.

Dermatologist in Karachi - Dr. Shehla Ahmed

Dr. Shehla Ahmed - Dermatologist

MBBS, D-Derm, Cosmetology Courses on Derma Services and Fillers | Karachi

review-stars

27 Positive Reviews

some people have allergy to hair colour so better to book yourself appointment with marham for proper treatment

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories