Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dentist on Dental Problem

person-avatar

Asking For Mother, Female 60, Lahore

AOA. I am attaching the picture below of my mother's. she is a hypertensive patient and old. she had a tooth ache in another tooth and then this swelling here occurred sometime after which was painless. it's been 4 months since it last appeared but then it was in a tighter-shape. because it wasn't painful, my mother wasn't convinced to get it checked. now in ramzan, this is the current condition and she is experiencing slight pain in the surrounding few teeth. please tell me way to minimize pain and/or any solution until we are able to visit the dentist. (our male member is out of city and I'm living alone with my mother) JazakAllah

Dentist in Rahim Yar Khan - Dr. Waseem Akram

Take these medications
cap cefadroxil monohydrate 1+1
Tab metronidazole 1+1
Tab diclofenace potassium 1+1
Kindly visit your dentist as soon as possible.

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Rabia Siddiqui

Dr. Rabia Siddiqui - Dentist

BDS | Karachi

review-stars

40 Positive Reviews

need complete history of your mother before prescribing any medicine. kindly consult any dentist, video call will also help.

the pain is not consistent, it usually gets triggered when she eats Iftar. my mother takes tenormin 50mg, amodip 10mg in morning and zestril 10mg at night for blood pressure. she suffered from bronchitis in 2019.

3 years ago

in 2019*

3 years ago

sorry for the wrong msgs. she suffered from bronchitis in twenty nineteen

3 years ago

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Maryam Tanweer

Dr. Maryam Tanweer - Dentist

BDS | Karachi

review-stars

25 Positive Reviews

It's because of the infection ask her to start antibiotics. Start amoxil 500 mg twice a days along with Synflex 550 mg three a day. Take these medicines for 5 days and hopefully the inf will. Subside for few days but u have to get it treated afterwards.

Dentist in Karachi - Asst. Prof. Dr. Saima Asim

Asst. Prof. Dr. Saima Asim - Dentist

BDS, MPH, C- ENDO, C- ORTHO | Karachi

Swelling is in between the teeth,without radiograph difficult to diagnose that which tooth is affected.

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Ambreen Mehboob

Tab augmentin 375 mg 1+1+1, tab flagyl 400 mg1+1+1 ,tab modact IR 1+0+1 tab denzen ds 1+0+1 use these medicines for 5 days  or periapical x-ray krwa len agr possible ho to

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Ali Abbas Rokadia

Dr. Ali Abbas Rokadia - Dentist

BDS, C-Orth | Karachi

review-stars

6 Positive Reviews

take antibiotics
augmentin 625mg twice for 5 days
flagyl 400mg twice for 5 days
synflex 550mg twice for 2 days
it will resolve for now but u have to visit dentist asap

thank you doctor so much. the pain is not consistent, it only gets triggered when she eats Iftar. my mother takes tenormin 50mg, amodip 10mg, and zestril 10mg for blood pressure. can she take both augmentin and flagyl as both are strong antibiotics?

3 years ago

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Ali Abbas Rokadia
Dr. Ali Abbas Rokadia - Dentist

BDS, C-Orth | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 6 Positive Reviews

she can take these no issue

3 years ago

Dentist in Rawalpindi - Dr. Moiza Ijaz

Dr. Moiza Ijaz - Dentist

BDS, FCPS (Prosthodontics) | Rawalpindi

review-stars

5 Positive Reviews

u must visit a dentist as soon as possible. so that radiographs can be taken to evaluate the cause. for the time being give her:
Tab augmentin 625 mg twice daily for 3 days
tablet synflex twice daily for 3 days
tablet flagyl 400 mg thrice daily for 3 days. if symptoms persist continue medication for 5 days. it's only symptomatic treatment for relief. plz visit dentist for evaluation and subsequent treatment

thank you doctor so much. pain is not constant, it gets triggered when she eats Iftar usually.
my mother takes tenormin 50mg, amodip 10mg, and zestril 10mg, can she take both, augmentin and flagyl together as they both are strong antibiotics?

3 years ago

Dentist in Rawalpindi - Dr. Moiza Ijaz
Dr. Moiza Ijaz - Dentist

BDS, FCPS (Prosthodontics) | Rawalpindi | Book Appointment

review-stars 5 Positive Reviews

yes she can as both affect different organisms responsible for infection

3 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online